Energy Plaza building staff strives to ensure that the property operates as efficiently and sustainably as possible. Both Vistra Energy and Transwestern have a reputation for operating some of the most energy efficient and sustainable properties in the country. Sustainability is treated as ‘a journey instead of a destination’.
Below are some of the recent projects that have been implemented as part of the sustainability program:
- Landscaping retrofit including installation of drought-tolerant plants and transition to high-efficiency drip irrigation further reducing the amount of water needed for landscaping.
- Chiller retrofit which extended the life of the units and allowed utilization of a more environmentally friendly refrigerant.
- Implementation of a comprehensive green cleaning program, including use of green cleaning products and materials; cleaning equipment.
- Implementation of a comprehensive integrated pest management (IPM) program
- Toilet fixture retrofit increasing the efficiency of the fixtures and reducing water consumption.
- Building commissioning to ensure building systems are operating as designed.
- Instituted green construction guidelines that protect indoor air quality during construction, recycle construction waste, and purchase green products for use during construction.
Energy Plaza has received numerous awards and recognition which are summarized in the left menu.